J's Avenue,Inc. (the "Company") will administer the personal information that you supply (“Personal Information”) in accordance with this Policy.
Compliance with Legislation
The Company will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and this Policy with respect to the acquisition, use, and handling of Personal Information.
Acquisition of Personal Information
The Company will acquire Personal Information via appropriate means, and utilize it only for the purposes set forth below; provided, however, that there may be cases in which the Company will separately announce or send notice of purposes of use other than those set forth below:
- Personal information of customers
- ・to provide customers with services ("Services");
- ・to provide support and notifications for Services and purchased products; and
- ・to provide notification of information related to products and Services which the Company and Group companies sell and provide.
- Personal information of job applicants
- ・communications to job applicants
- ・reference materials regarding whether the applicant meets the job requirements
- ・statistical materials for future recruiting activities
- ・basic employment-related administrative materials after a hiring decision has been made
The Company will set a retention period for Personal Information to the extent necessary for its purpose of use, and will delete or discard all Personal Information via appropriate methods after expiry of the period or achievement of the purpose of use.
Safety Control Measures
The Company will take all necessary and appropriate safety control measures when handling Personal Information in order to prevent the divulgence, loss, or damage thereof.
Supervision of Employees and Trustees
- The Company will appoint an administrator within each department to handle Personal Information and to ensure the proper management of Personal Information.
- Personal Information will be handled only by properly trained officers and employees of the Company who are authorized to access such Personal Information.
- There may be cases within the scope necessary for the usage purpose in which the Company entrusts the handling of Personal Information to a third party. In such cases, the Company will obligate the trustee by way of a contract, etc. to handle the Personal Information properly, and will exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over the trustee.
Disclosure to third parties
The Company will not, except in the following cases, disclose or provide Personal Information to a third party without obtaining the prior consent of the individual in question:
- Cases in which it is necessary for the Company to fulfill legal obligations imposed on business entities, etc.;
- Cases in which the Company has judged that it is appropriate for a Group company to handle the content of an inquiry;
- Cases in which disclosure is required by a court, prosecutor’s office, police, bar association, consumer affairs bureau or other institution, entity, or individual similar thereto;
- Cases in which there is due course, such as for the protection of the life, property, honor, or credit of the individual supplying the Personal Information or other third party;
- Cases in which the Personal Information is used in a way that does not lead to the identification of the person; and
- Any other case in which disclosure or provision is admitted by legislation or regulations.
Handling of Information on Websites
The Company may employ Cookies, Web Beacons, and/or other similar technologies in order to collect information with the goal of facilitating more convenient use of its websites. In no case is new personal information included in the information collected; however, there may be cases in which the aforementioned may be used in association with previously provided Personal Information.
- Cookies are a technology used to store information such as website use history on the customer’s computer.
- Web Beacons
Inquiries conserning Personal Information
- In principle, only the individual in question may request the disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, termination of use, and erasure of their Personal Information. The Company will, to a reasonable extent, respond as swiftly as possible only in cases in which it has received a request based on the “Procedures for Requesting the Disclosure, etc. of Personal Information” set forth separately below.
- With respect to inquiries or consultation regarding this Policy or the Company's handling of Personal Information (how to request the disclosure of Personal Information, etc.), please send an email to email@example.com
Last Updated: December 1,2008